Oct 9, 2010

A song with meaning

Side note...by now you realise my 30 day challenge will not be 30 consecutive days. Yeah I make my own rules roun' these here parts. Now that we're on the same page...day 6 post is supposed to be a song that makes me cry. I don't have any of those.

But there is one song that reminds me of the craziness that was my last relationship. The guy I was with before munchkins daddy was one whirlwind of a time. I had just started college and he had just left. I met him at a party and it was 5 years worth of "I love the way you lie" kinda drama. I'm talking baby mama and police stations kinda crazy. I remember the day he called me and told me someone was having his baby. I felt like my whole world came to a screeching halt. I remember the
fights, I remember the other woman turning up at the house when we (me, him and his friends) were chilling. I remember going to NY and him being in Jamaica begging me to stay and not to go look for my ex in Jersey, I remember that very last fight when he finally left and munchkins dad was the shoulder I cried on. He was one of my best friends from college days at the time. That was about 6 years ago.

The funny part of all this is my relationship with munchkin's dad is eerily similar. We just haven't made it to the police station...yet. Hopefully the years of wisdom between then and now won't bring that part full circle too.

Me and my ex are great friends now. We grew up and moved on healthily and put everything behind us. But whenever this song comes on the radio...I'm brought back to that night. That night.....



So weird how relevant the song is again...only this time around there's no side piece and main...but a double edged sword. Two main characters who were once oblivious of each other. How will this one play out?

We'll wait on the confessions...

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails