Sep 30, 2010

Fashion Over Life



Ever find yourself browsing clothing websites when you know you have work to do? Ever find yourself critiquing celebrities style and saying if you had that kinda change you would dress like so and so and so? Of course ya do! I can often be found browsing DSW.com or Asos.com and oohing and aahing and planning my virtual wardrobe. Many of us choose fashion over life every now and then. Fashion is fun! Its just idle time...then we get back to work. To life. I have changed the name of this blog probably a dozen times over the past couple of months because my life has changed a lot. At first, it was FashionOverStyle. I gained quite a few readers with that name and with that content but I was never comfortable writing non-fashion content on the blog as I wanted to keep it in context.

My life is much less fashion right now and much more life.This blog will now take that tone. There'll be lots of fashion still, I can imagine, as in my head I'm a true fashionista. But there's lots more life that I want an outlet for and its my blog dangit! LOL I hope you'll stick around for the journey!

To transition from mostly fashion to mostly me, I've decided to take up Aurie on his 30 day blog challenge. Its prolly the longest meme ever and its been a while since I've done any but I feel its the perfect way for me us to get acquainted. It sounds long and boring already! I'll try to keep things irie! Teehehe

If you take up this challenge, mek sure u link me! Anyhoo the challenge is:


Day 1: A recent photo of you & 5 interesting facts about yourself.
Day 2: The meaning behind your  name.
Day 3: A photo of you and your friends.
Day 4: A photo of you and your family.
Day 5: A photo of something you really hate.
Day 6: A song that makes you cry.
Day 7: Your crush.
Day 8: Something you hate about yourself.
Day 9: Your definition of love.
Day 10: Your best friend.
Day 11: A letter to one of your exes.
Day 12: Your favorite female group.
Day 13: Your least favorite female group.
Day 14: Something you love about yourself.
Day 15: What you would do if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant.
Day 16: A photo that makes you smile.
Day 17: A photo that makes you want to cry.
Day 18: A letter to someone you miss.
Day 19: A habit you wish you didn’t have.
Day 20: A letter to your parents.
Day 21: Short goals you wish to fulfill by the end of the month.
Day 22: Your nicknames & why you have them.
Day 23: What you would find in your bag.
Day 24: A song that makes you smile.
Day 25: How you found out about blogging & why you made one.
Day 26: First 10 songs to play on shuffle on your iPod.
Day 27: Your fashion style.
Day 28: What attracts you to someone.
Day 29: Future plans/goals.
Day 30: Who are you?

And I'm starting right now! 5 Interesting facts about myself?

Maybe I should start tommorow. :|

1. I've been on a couple North American tours as a performer in Ashe. That was a very cool time of my life. Tour bus, overnight in different states, daylong driving, performing, signing autographs, the whole works. A small glimpse into the life of celebrity and it was preeeeetty cool.

2. Right now my hair is dyed black. I hate when my hair is black because I look too "coolie" But I'm trying to grow it nice and long. Hair color and nice and long dont go too well. Conundrum. Is this a conundrum? I'm too tired to look this up but it feels right saying it there lol.

3. In high school, I was "that girl" only, I didnt realise until after high school. Now I wish I could go back and live it up a little more and rub it in a few more people's faces. Its not cool enough after high school LOL. and if you dont know which one of the "that girls"...hush. you were probably paying too much attention in class.

4. I am half shy. I've met quite a few guys in the clubs, at parties, wherever by making the first move. My friends are always in awe wondering how me one so brave, or hating me totally because i stepped up and they were chickens and missed out. Professionally, where it actually freaking counts, I can be totally timid. I'm working on it though.

5. All y'all hating on Kim K and nicki minaj better watch out for me. As soon as I pop out my next kid I'm heading for ripon surgi center. Memba mi told you. You can continue hating on nicki tho, she wack.

1 comment:

  1. i feel honored that you decided to take up the challenge. I'm starting my reading now. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails